Definition of Hypericum gentianoides
1. Noun. Annual wiry-stemmed North American weed with minute scalelike leaves and small yellow flowers.
Hypericum Gentianoides Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hypericum Gentianoides Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hypericum Gentianoides
Literary usage of Hypericum gentianoides
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1894)
"Strike out 2636 Hypericum gentianoides and synonyms p. 225. Add 23. ... Hypericum gentianoides BSP Frei. Cat. NY 9 (1888). p. 230. ..."
2. List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta Growing Without Cultivation in by Botanical Club (1894)
"Strike out 2636 Hypericum gentianoides and synonyms p. 225. Add 2a. ... Hypericum gentianoides BSP Prel. Cat. NY 9 (1888). p: 230. ..."
3. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"Pale St.-John's-wort Herbaceous perennial Sandy river banks, stream borders, marshes, boggy areas and swales. Hypericum gentianoides (L.) BSP Orange-grass; ..."
4. Nantucket Wild Flowers by Alice Owen Albertson (1921)
"JOHN'S-WORT FAMILY Hypericum gentianoides, (L.) BSP. Deep golden yellow Orange-grass, Pine-weed. June-September Hypericum: for derivation see boreale. ..."