Definition of Jaculus
1. Noun. Jerboas.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Dipodidae, Family Dipodidae
Member holonyms: Jaculus Jaculus
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jaculus
Literary usage of Jaculus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of the Snakes in the British Museum (Natural History) by George Albert Boulenger (1893)
"Eryx jaculus. Anguis jaculus, Linn. Mus. Ad. Frid. ii. p. 48 (1764), and SN ip' 391 (1766). ... Ges. jaculus, Daud. tcp 257; Bibr. # Bonf de St. Vine. ..."
2. Travels in Various Countries of Europe, Asia and Africa by Edward Daniel Clarke (1816)
"... Pallas —Unwholesome Situation of the Town—Mus Jaculus, or Jerboa—Observations of Bochart and others upon that Animal—BAK. ..."
3. Travels in Various Countries of Europe, Asia and Africa by Edward Daniel Clarke (1823)
"... Pallas —Unwholesome Situation of the Town—Mus Jaculus, or Jerboa—Observations of Bochart and others upon that ..."
4. Reports on Zoology for 1843, 1844 by Andreas Johann Wagner, Franz Hermann Troschel, Wilhelm Ferdinand Erichson, Carl Th. Ernst Siebold (1847)
"Here belong—2, Sc. Jaculus, of which Brandt distinguishes the following varieties: ... Macrotis = D. Jaculus, Auct, D subvar. a. nigricans = D. decumanus, ..."
5. Eastern Persia: An Account of the Journeys of the Persian Boundary by WILLIAM THOMAS. BLANFORD, Beresford Lovett, India. Persian Boundary Commission (1876)
"De F. Mue jaculus. Pall. Nov. Spec. Glir. p. 275, Pl. XX, nee Linn. ... Licht., varieties of Dipus jaculus of Pallas, despite their variation in size, ..."