Definition of Kosovo
1. Noun. A Serbian province in southern Serbia and Montenegro populated predominantly by Albanians.
Definition of Kosovo
1. Proper noun. A disputed region in the Balkans, considered by Serbia as one of its two autonomous provinces. ¹
2. Proper noun. One of five administrative districts of the above region as viewed by the Serbian government. ¹
3. Proper noun. The Republic of Kosovo, a country in the Balkans. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kosovo
Literary usage of Kosovo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. War Crimes in Bosnia-Hercegovina by Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S.), Helsinki Watch, Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S., Ivana Nizich (1993)
"Kosovo In the predominantly Albanian province of Kosovo in the republic of Serbia, ... The Serbian government seeks to resettle Serbs in Kosovo, ..."
2. A Threat to "Stability": Human Rights Violations in Macedonia by Fred Abrahams (1996)
"Relations with Kosovo The Macedonian government is very concerned about the situation in the predominantly Albanian region of Kosovo for a number of ..."
3. South Eastern Europe by Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (2003)
"The total population of Kosovo is difficult to assess, as the Kosovo Albanians boycotted the most recent census in 1991. According to the previous census ..."
4. Promoting Sustainable Economies in the Balkans: Report of an Independent by Steven Rattner, Michael B. Froman (2000)
"The EU has committed 500 million euros ($527 million) to assist Kosovo with ... The total US aid commitment to Kosovo from November 1999 through December ..."
5. Who are the Slavs?: A Contribution to Race Psychology by Paul Rankov Radosavljevich (1919)
"The Battle of Kosovo holds almost the same place of honor as poems on Marko ... Several attempts have been made to weld all the Kosovo songs and fragments ..."
6. International Religious Freedom (2000): Report to Congress by the Department edited by Barbara Larkin (2001)
"In Kosovo the withdrawal of Serbian troops and establishment of UNMIK resulted in an improved situation for the majority, largely Muslim ethnic Albanian ..."