Definition of Malaxis ophioglossoides
1. Noun. North American orchid having a solitary leaf and flowers with threadlike petals.
Generic synonyms: Orchid, Orchidaceous Plant
Group relationships: Genus Malaxis, Malaxis
Malaxis Ophioglossoides Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Malaxis Ophioglossoides Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Malaxis Ophioglossoides
Literary usage of Malaxis ophioglossoides
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Botany of the United States North of Virginia: Comprising Descriptions of by Lewis Caleb Beck (1848)
"Malaxis ophioglossoides Willd. Wet grounds, near roots of trees. Can. to Virg. July. %.—Stem or scape 6—10 inches high, 1-leaved, with ovoid bulb at the ..."
2. The Gardener's Magazine and Register of Rural and Domestic Improvement by J C Loudon (1827)
"... Lake ——^^— ophioglossoides, in similar, soils with the preceding. ' " " Malaxis ophioglossoides, in moist soils, Halifax. • t . Simcoe. ..."
3. The Gardener's Magazine, and Register of Rural & Domestic Improvement by John Claudius Loudon (1827)
"Malaxis ophioglossoides, in moist soils, Halifax. ophioglossoides, in similar soils with the preceding. Calopogon pulchellum, generally in ..."
4. The History of Bucks County, Pennsylvania: From the Discovery of the by William Watts Hart Davis (1876)
"Although my opportunity was transient from bad weather, I met with several plants fur the first time, such as your Malaxis-ophioglossoides, ..."