Definition of Mysidae
1. Noun. Small shrimp-like crustaceans.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Mysidacea, Order Mysidacea
Member holonyms: Genus Mysis, Mysis, Genus Praunus, Praunus
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mysidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mysidae
Literary usage of Mysidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Text-book of the Embryology of Invertebrates by Eugen Korschelt, Karl Heider, Edward Laurens Mark, William McMichael Woodworth, Matilda Bernard, Martin Fountain Woodward (1899)
"The Mysidae, ike ... seems to be in complete agreement with that in the Mysidae. SARS, at least, has figured an ... The development of the Mysidae and the ..."
2. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"... Amphipods (Cumacea and Mysidae,), but they arc forms which cither tolerate variations in salinity or are especially characteristic of brackish waters. ..."
3. The Scientific Memoirs of Thomas Henry Huxley by Thomas Henry Huxley, Michael Foster (1902)
"... the Prawns, the Shrimps, and the Mysidae, ... In the Mysidae the branchiae are rudimentary or absent, ..."
4. A History of Crustacea: Recent Malacostraca by Thomas Roscoe Rede Stebbing (1893)
"Similar hairs in the Mysidae are connected with the caudal otoliths. The principal flagellum of the upper antennae is frequently furnished with a number of ..."