Definition of Population Commission
1. Noun. The commission of the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations that is concerned with population control.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Population Commission
Literary usage of Population Commission
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Ansley J. Coale: An Autobiography by Ansley J. Coale (2000)
"The first such mission that I recall was serving as the United States representative to the Population Commission of the United Nations. ..."
2. The United Nations System: The Policies of Member States by Chadwick F. Alger, Gene Martin Lyons, John E. Trent (1995)
"Some of the most recent thinking has focused in particular on strengthening the role and functioning of the Population Commission and of UNFPA. ..."
3. Refugees Into Citizens: Palestinians and the End of the Arab-Israeli Conflict by Donna E. Arzt (1997)
"The actual list of need-based priorities would be set by a joint population commission (composed of representatives of the signatory parties to the final ..."
4. Regionalism: Problems and Prospects by Bertus De Villiers, Jabu Sindane (1993)
"National Population Commission The National Population Commission (NPC) undertakes periodic enumeration, keeps a continuous register of births and deaths ..."
5. Critical Perspectives on Racial and Ethnic Differences in Health in Late Life by Norman B. Anderson, Rodolfo A. Bulatao, Barney Cohen (2004)
"Committee on Population, Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council. Washington, DC: National Academy Press. ..."
6. Perspectives on Growth and Poverty by Rolph van der Hoeven, Anthony F. Shorrocks (2003)
"NPC [National Population Commission] 119981 1991 Population Census of the Federal Republic of Nigeria: Analytical Report at the National LeveL National ..."
7. In Search of Population Policy: Views from the Developing World by National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) (1974)
"Recently in Jordan a National Population Commission was created, but what it does will depend on the information and advice it receives from several ..."