Definition of Population control
1. Noun. Control over the growth of population; a government program.
Population Control Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Population Control Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Population Control
Literary usage of Population control
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Capital (1888)
"Even drastic glides of population control would lot be able to achieve the ... Pressures for population control in the Third World largely emanate in the ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"Birth control is not population control. Individual goals, not community needs, ... Since this is not shocking, let n diminish until population control is ..."
3. Planet Geographyby Stephen Codrington by Stephen Codrington (2005)
"The mother has followed the traditional custom and induced early menopause as a means of population control by Dani society, even though she is in her early ..."
4. Calcutta Review by University of Calcutta (1844)
"The globe is tottering with its sons engaged in in-fighting. population control is not a new thing. In fact the Ancient World used to practice it. ..."
5. Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 1997: Hearing Before the by DIANE Publishing Company (2000)
"Because all the Chinese people can see that the population control policy ... When the United Nations gave the Chinese Government population control award, ..."