Definition of Republic of Peru
1. Noun. A republic in western South America; achieved independence from Spain in 1821; was the heart of the Inca empire from the 12th to 16th centuries.
Geographical relationships: Sendero Luminoso, Shining Path, Sl, Movimiento Revolucionario Tupac Anaru, Mrta, Tupac Amaru Revolutionary Movement, Inca, Inka
Group relationships: Oas, Organization Of American States
Generic synonyms: South American Country, South American Nation
Terms within: Arequipa, Capital Of Peru, Lima, Machu Picchu, El Misti, Huainaputina, Amazon, Amazon River, Andes, Coropuna, Huascaran, Yerupaja
Group relationships: South America
Member holonyms: Peruvian
Derivative terms: Peruvian
Republic Of Peru Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Republic Of Peru Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Republic Of Peru
Literary usage of Republic of Peru
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Statutes at Large: Containing the Laws and Concurrent by United States (1859)
"WHEREAS a convention between the United States and the Republic of Peru with regard to the interpretation (o be given to article ..."
2. The Statutes at Large and Treaties of the United States of America from by United States (1859)
"WHEREAS a convention between the United States and the Republic of Peru with regard to the interpretation to be given to article ..."
3. The American Journal of International Law by American Society of International Law (1910)
"The United States of America and the Republic of Peru, desiring to regulate the citizenship of those persons who emigrate from the United States of America ..."
4. Appletons' Annual Cyclopaedia and Register of Important Events: Embracing (1869)
"... and delivered bv the United States of Colombia to the republic of Peru at such prices Mid on such terms as show clearly that the sale made in the United ..."
5. The Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by Isaac Smith Homans, William B. Dana (1853)
"Commerce, and Navigation between the United States of America and the Republic of Peru was concluded and signed at Lima, on the twenty-sixth day of July, ..."
6. A Monograph on Plebiscites: With a Collection of Official Documants by Sarah Wambaugh (1920)
"... entre las The Republic of Peru on the one part, and the Republic of Chile on the other, being desirous of re-establishing friendly relations between the ..."