Definition of Republic of Suriname
1. Noun. A republic in northeastern South America on the Atlantic; achieved independence from the Netherlands in 1975.
Group relationships: Oas, Organization Of American States
Generic synonyms: South American Country, South American Nation
Group relationships: Guiana
Terms within: Capital Of Suriname, Paramaribo, Surinam River, Suriname River
Republic Of Suriname Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Republic Of Suriname Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Republic Of Suriname
Literary usage of Republic of Suriname
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Landmine Monitor Report 2000: Toward a Mine-Free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (2000)
"It is expected that the Republic of Suriname will be in a position to ratify the Ottawa Convention some time this year.' Suriname did not participate in the ..."
2. Landmine Monitor Report 1999: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (1999)
"In a statement to the signing ceremony, Ambassador Mungra said, "The Government of the Republic of Suriname is proud to participate and to be among the ..."
3. South America (W/Poster) by Jo Ellen Moore (1999)
"Suriname—Republic of Suriname Uruguay—Oriental Republic of Uruguay Brazil—Federative Republic of Brazil 21. Brazil 22. capybara 23. ruins of an ancient ..."
4. Diplomatic List: Foreign Diplomatic Staffs in the U.S., 2000 edited by Barry Leonard (2000)
"... NW 20008 202-797-8863, 466-6281 (FAX 202-745-2615) SURINAME Embassy of the Republic of Suriname Chancery: 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW 20008, ..."
5. Diplomatic List: The Official Directory of Foreign Diplomats and Their Staff by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"... SURINAME—Embassy of the Republic of Suriname Chancery: 4301 Connecticut Ave. NW. 20008, Suite 108 (244-7488, 7490,7491,7492) (FAX 244-5878) National ..."