Definition of Rocky Mountain whitefish
1. Noun. Whitefish of the western United States and Canada.
Generic synonyms: Whitefish
Group relationships: Genus Prosopium, Prosopium
Rocky Mountain Whitefish Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rocky Mountain Whitefish Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rocky Mountain Whitefish
Literary usage of Rocky Mountain whitefish
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bass, Pike, Perch and Others by James Alexander Henshall (1903)
"THE Rocky Mountain whitefish (Coregonus •williamsoni) This fine fish was first described from the Des Chutes River in Oregon by Dr. Charles Girard in 1856, ..."
2. Bass, Pike, Perch and Other Game Fishes of America by James Alexander Henshall (1919)
"THE Rocky Mountain whitefish (Coregonus williamsoni) This fine fish was first described from the Des Chutes River in Oregon by Dr. Charles Girard in 1856, ..."
3. American Food and Game Fishes: A Popular Account of All the Species Found in by David Starr Jordan, Barton Warren Evermann (1902)
"Rocky Mountain whitefish Coregonus williamsoni Girard Two species of whitefish are known from western North America, the species just described and the ..."
4. Fishes by David Starr Jordan (1907)
"The Rocky Mountain whitefish (Coregonus williamsoni) has also a small mouth and projecting snout, but the latter is blunter F1o 218 —Rocky Mountain ..."
5. A Guide to the Study of Fishes by David Starr Jordan (1905)
"The Rocky Mountain whitefish (Coregonus williamsoni} has also a small mouth and projecting snout, but the latter is blunter owes» Fio. 49. ..."