Definition of Saarinen
1. Noun. Finnish architect and city planner who moved to the United States in 1923; father of Eero Saarinen (1873-1950).
2. Noun. United States architect (born in Finland) (1910-1961).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Saarinen Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Saarinen
Saarinen (current term)
Literary usage of Saarinen
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Suomalais-englantilainen sanakirja by Severi Alanne (1919)
"... -maa Island (kingdom). saarinen . . rich In (1. studded with) Islands (1. Isles), Island studded (1. -dotted). saaristo group (1. cluster) of Islands ..."
2. The Future of Arid Grasslands: Identifying Issues, Seeking Solutions edited by Barbara Tellman (1999)
"Saarinen, TF, Baker, VR, Durrenberger, R., and Maddock, T., Jr., 1984, The Tucson, Arizona, Flood of October 1983: Report No. CETS-CND-029: National Academy ..."
3. Preparing for Climate Change: Proceedings, Second North American Conference (1993)
"In TF Saarinen, D. Seamon, and JL Sell (eds. ... Saarinen", TF (1982) Perspectives on Increasing Hazard Awareness. Monograph 35. ..."
4. Road Trip USA: Cross-Country Adventures on America's Two-Lane Highways by Jamie Jensen (2006)
"For additional information and maps of Buffalo's wealth of significant architecture (Louis Sullivan, HH Richardson, Eliel Saarinen, and Frank Lloyd Wright ..."
5. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"... Saarinen, of Helsingfors, Finland, and the third to Alfred Agache, of Paris. From these three plans the work of designing the ..."
6. Annual Reportby American-Scandinavian Foundation by American-Scandinavian Foundation (1916)
"... rarely has there been a more spontaneous outflowing of private contributions for any cause than for the succor of the land of Sibelius and Saarinen, ..."