Definition of Advisory board
1. Noun. A board appointed to advise the chief administrator.
Group relationships: Administration, Brass, Establishment, Governance, Governing Body, Organisation, Organization
Generic synonyms: Board
Specialized synonyms: Cabinet, Kashag
Advisory Board Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Advisory Board Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Advisory Board
Literary usage of Advisory board
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Access EPA: Public Information Tools (1994)
"... Science advisory board Public Contact: Joanna Foellmer Address: US Environmental Protection Agency Science advisory board, 1400F 401 M Street, SW, ..."
2. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1882)
"The members of said advisory board of Horticulture shall be selected among citizens ... Said advisory board shall be requested to cooperate with this Board, ..."
3. Journal of Nervous and Mental Diseaseby Philadelphia Neurological Society, American Neurological Association, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association by Philadelphia Neurological Society, American Neurological Association, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association (1900)
"... Society advisory board OF EDITORS: Dr. CHARLES L. DANA Dr. HUGH T. PATRICK Dr. FX DERCUM Dr. JAS. J. PUTNAM Dr. CHAS. K. MILLS Dr. B. SACHS Dr. M. ALLEN ..."
4. The History of Political Parties in the Province of New York, 1760-1776 by Carl Lotus Becker (1907)
"The general advisory board shall consist of one member of each branch of the organization and the genera' secretary and general treasurer pnd shall ..."
5. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1920)
"advisory board At the request of Frank R. Lillie, chairman of the committee on cooperation and coordination of the Division of Biology and Agriculture of ..."