Definition of Agricultural agent
1. Noun. An advisor employed by the government to assist people in rural areas with methods of farming and home economics.
Agricultural Agent Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Agricultural Agent Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Agricultural Agent
Literary usage of Agricultural agent
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Agriculture: A Text for the School and the Farm by Oscar Herman Benson, George Herbert Betts (1915)
"... CHAPTER XXVI THE COUNTY agricultural agent TWO new agencies have recently entered the field of agricultural education and rural development: These are ..."
2. The Knapp Method of Growing Cotton by William Benjamin Mercier, Harvey E. Savely (1913)
"SA Scott, agricultural agent, Foley, Ala. GULF AND SHIP ISLAND RAILROAD FH Lister, Ind. and Immigration Agent, Gulfport, Miss. JJ Taylor, agricultural agent ..."
3. Addresses and Proceedings by National Education Association of the United States, National Teachers' Association (U.S.)., American Normal School Association, Central College Association (1914)
"Let the teachers get in touch with the county agricultural agent and the state college of agriculture. A good consulting committee might be made up of the ..."
4. History of Colorado by Wilbur Fiske Stone (1918)
"In May of the same year he was appointed county agricultural agent of Weld ... Weld county and its agricultural agent are striving to attain the goal set ..."
5. Bulletin of the American Library Association by American Library Association (1914)
"The agricultural agent, because of his position and relation to the agricultural college and the university, should be in a position to get expert advice ..."