Definition of Athletic facility
1. Noun. A facility for athletic events.
Specialized synonyms: Field House, Football Stadium, Gym, Gymnasium, Natatorium, Swimming Bath, Swimming Pool
Terms within: Locker Room
Athletic Facility Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Athletic Facility Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Athletic Facility
Literary usage of Athletic facility
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Not Schools Alone: Guidelines for Schools and Communities to Prevent the Use by DIANE Publishing Company (1991)
"... statement shall be posted in every locker room of the athletic facility. (c) As used in this section, "athletic facilities" includes a health studio ..."
2. The Mount Vernon Street Warrens: A Boston Story, 1860-1910 by Martin Green (1880)
"In July 1897 he was persuading his siblings that the family as a whole should contribute $500 toward the Harvard athletic facility on Soldiers Field Road. ..."
3. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 1996-1997 by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Supervisors can advance to grounds manager or superintendent for a golf course or other athletic facility, a cemetery, a campus, a school system, ..."
4. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 1994-1995 by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"Supervisors can advance to grounds manager or superintendent for a golf course or other athletic facility, a cemetery, ..."