Definition of Athletic field
1. Noun. A piece of land prepared for playing a game. "The home crowd cheered when Princeton took the field"
Specialized synonyms: Arena, Scene Of Action, Ball Field, Baseball Field, Diamond, Court, Football Field, Gridiron, Palaestra, Palestra, Bowling Green
Group relationships: Arena, Bowl, Sports Stadium, Stadium
Terms within: Midfield
Generic synonyms: Parcel, Parcel Of Land, Piece Of Ground, Piece Of Land, Tract
Derivative terms: Field, Field
Athletic Field Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Athletic Field Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Athletic Field
Literary usage of Athletic field
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by New York (State). Legislature. Senate, New Jersey, Legislature, Idaho Legislature. Senate (1921)
"Line 13, change "Park" to "parks" in italics and insert in italics " , playgrounds and athletic field ". Line 14, after the word " purchase " insert in ..."
2. Jack London and Hawaii by Charmian London (1918)
"No athletic-field dream quite compensates. It is the king of sports. One night in early May, Mayor John C. Lane of Honolulu gave a great luau in Kapiolani ..."
3. Publications of the Colonial Society of Massachusetts by Colonial Society of Massachusetts (1900)
"... at St. Stephen's College it means " the Field in front of the College Building; " and at Wellesley College it " is not applied to an athletic field or ..."
4. Industrial Medicine and Surgery by Harry Edgar Mock (1919)
"No man should be allowed to enter a contest on the athletic field without undergoing a thorough physical examination. One large industry, with which the ..."