¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Bricklike
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bricklike Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bricklike
Literary usage of Bricklike
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Medical Lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science : Containing a Concise by Robley Dunglison (1868)
"... into a cerate used for herpetic and other eruptions, &o. To the Terra Forna'cum, or Brick earth, the same virtues were assigned. bricklike SEDIMENT, sea ..."
2. The Road to France: The Transportation of Troops and Military Supplies, 1917 by Benedict Crowell, Robert Forrest Wilson (1921)
"The garments were first folded into these forms and then squeezed in a hand press until they held the bricklike shape. The bale was made up of as many ..."
3. Italy, Rome and Naples by Hippolyte Taine, John Durand (1872)
"these rudely-executed figures, whose bricklike tints are rather indications of their subjects than finished productions. Frequently a daub of white and a ..."
4. Italy: Rome and Naples by Hippolyte Taine, John Durand (1868)
"... these rudely-executed figures, whose bricklike tints are rather indications of their subjects than finished productions. Frequently a daub of white and ..."
5. The Chinese Repository edited by Elijah Coleman Bridgman, Samuel Wells Willaims (1850)
"Tartar tea is made by breaking oil' a little bit of the bricklike masses in which coarse tea is pressed, pulverizing it, and boiling it till the water ..."
6. The Charm of the Antique by Robert Shackleton, Mrs. Elizabeth Fleming Shackleton (1914)
"For this particular fireplace, plain, unglazed, bricklike tile, dull-red of hue, are used and the same tile are on the hearth. Beneath the hearth there is ..."
7. The Sanctuary of Demeter and Kore: Topography and Architecture by Nancy Bookidis (1997)
"... bricklike packing is questionable. 42 In Figure 6 BB it is the stratum in the floor area marked "mixed," for the top clay layer marks the Hellenistic ..."