Definition of Capricorn the goat
1. Noun. The tenth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about December 22 to January 19.
Generic synonyms: House, Mansion, Planetary House, Sign, Sign Of The Zodiac, Star Sign
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capricorn The Goat
Literary usage of Capricorn the goat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Astronomy with the Naked Eye: A New Geography of the Heavens, with by Garrett Putman Serviss (1908)
"... (CHART XII) /•CAPRICORN, the Goat, is the eleventh constella- \^j tion of the zodiac. Its two leading stars, Alpha (a), ..."
2. An Analytical Dictionary of the English Language, in which the Words are by David Booth (1836)
"CAPRICORN the GOAT, is one of the signs of the Zodiac. The Latin capri- cornus is literally a Goat's horn, and the figure of the Constellation has the head ..."
3. A Hand-book; Or, Concise Dictionary of Terms Used in the Arts and Sciences. by Walter Hamilton, M.R.A.S. Walter Hamilton (1825)
"CAPRICORN, the Goat. In Astronomy, a southern constellation, the tenth sign of the io diac. CAPRICORN, TROPIC OF. In Astronomy, a lesser circle of the ..."
4. The two Babylons; or, The papal worship proved to be the worship of Nimrod by Alexander Hislop (1862)
"Dionysus or Bacchus, in one of his transformations, was represented as Capricorn, the " goat-horned fish;" and there is reason to believe that it was in ..."
5. The Influence of the Zodiac Upon Human Life by Eleanor Kirk (1894)
"Capricorn. THE GOAT. LAST SIGN OF THE EARTH TRIPLICITY. December 2i to January 2O. This sign governs the knees and the hams of the Grand Man, or Macrocosm, ..."