Definition of Car company
1. Noun. A company that makes and sells automobiles.
Car Company Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Car Company Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Car Company
Literary usage of Car company
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1885)
"At the same time and place, and of the same person, he purchased a sleeping-car ticket, issued by the Pullman Palace car company, for the route between the ..."
2. A Treatise on the Law of Railroads: Containing a Consideration of the ...by Byron Kosciusko Elliott, William Frederick Elliott by Byron Kosciusko Elliott, William Frederick Elliott (1922)
"Relation of railroad companies to passengers traveling in sleeping car or parlor car company coaches.—In general, sleeping car or parlor car companies are ..."
3. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1906)
"At the date mentioned the car company owed a large amount of debt, ... In that month a reviver was appointed for the car company by a court of the state of ..."
4. Sunset by Southern Pacific Company, Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept (1915)
"In considering the 1916 Hupmobile please remember that the Hupp Motor car company is one of the few manufacturers in the United States that have never built ..."
5. Materials of Corporation Finance by Charles William Gerstenberg (1915)
"AGREEMENT BETWEEN STANDARD STEEL car company AND BANKERS TRUST COMPANY AND ... That the said Standard Steel car company hereby assigns and sets over to the ..."
6. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1899)
"On or before the first day of January following, every such car company, car trust, ... If any such car company, car trust, mercantile company, individual, ..."