Definition of Choco
1. Noun. (Australia) (slang) (''possibly offensive'') A person with medium-dark skin, such as from the Middle East. ¹
2. Noun. (Australia) (obsolete) A militiaman or conscript, short for chocolate soldier. ¹
3. Noun. (Australia) (slang) An army reservist. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Choco
1. a type of conscript [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Choco Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Choco
Literary usage of Choco
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Universal Geography: Or A Description of All Parts of the World, on a New by Conrad Malte-Brun (1827)
"It is very remarkable, that the platinum is not met with in the valley of Cauca, or to the east of tho western branch of the Andes, but only in choco, ..."
2. Universal Geography: Or, A Description of All Parts of the World, on a New by Conrad Malte-Brun (1829)
"It is very remarkable, that the platinum is not met with в in the valley of Cauca, or to tho east of the western branch of the Andes, but only in choco, ..."
3. Spanish America: Or A Descriptive, Historical, and Geographical Account of by Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle (1818)
"PROVINCE OF choco. THIS province, of which as little is known of its interior ... In the interior of choco, the ravine of the Ras- padura unites the sources ..."
4. Bi-monthly Bulletin of the American Institute of Mining Engineers by American Institute of Mining Engineers (1908)
"Gold-Dredging on the choco Rivers, Republic of Colombia, South America. ... IT still rains on the choco! I well remember one evening a dozen years ago, ..."
5. The Monthly Review by Charles William Wason (1831)
"... and in the Pacific Ocean, from 1817 to 1830: with the Narrative of a March from the River Oronoco to San Buenaventura on the Coast of choco; ..."
6. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1857)
"The chain along the coast of the Pacific, passing through the province of choco, is that which continues along through Central America, ..."