Definition of Closed interval
1. Noun. An interval that includes its endpoints.
Closed Interval Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Closed Interval Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Closed Interval
Literary usage of Closed interval
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society by London Mathematical Society (1908)
"By the Heine-Borel theorem a finite number of these intervals suffice to cover every point of the range of x, provided that range is a closed interval or ..."
2. A Course in Mathematical Analysis by Édouard Goursat, Earle Raymond Hedrick (1904)
"In order that a function be finite in a closed interval (a, b) it is not sufficient that it should have a finite value for every value of x. ..."
3. Introduction to the Theory of Analytic Functions by James Harkness, Frank Morley (1898)
"This interval may be called the closed interval (a, ß) ; closed, because the interval contains both extremities a and ß. Within the closed interval (a, ..."
4. Introduction to the Theory of Fourier's Series and Integrals by Horatio Scott Carslaw (1921)
"Since the terms of the series are continuous in the closed interval (a, b), there are positive numbers ,^ and >j.,, say, such that \Sm(x)-Sm(a) <^ ..."
5. The Theory of Functions of a Real Variable and the Theory of Fourier's Series by Ernest William Hobson (1907)
"The closed interval (a, 6) is a continuum, since it satisfies the two necessary- conditions for the applicability of the term; but the open interval (a, ..."
6. Real Analysis by Andrew M. Bruckner, Judith B. Bruckner, Brian S. Thomson (1997)
"The players alternate moves, a move consisting of selecting a closed interval inside the previously chosen interval. The players determine a nested ..."
7. Elementary Real Analysis by Brian S. Thomson, Judith B. Bruckner, Andrew M. Bruckner (2000)
"Player (A) first selects a closed interval Ii CR; then player (B) chooses a closed interval /2 C Ii. The players alternate moves, a move consisting of ..."