Definition of Coconut milk
1. Noun. White liquid obtained from compressing fresh coconut meat.
2. Noun. Clear to whitish fluid from within a fresh coconut.
Definition of Coconut milk
1. Noun. A thick liquid produced by soaking the white inner flesh of the seed of the coconut in water and straining. It is commonly used in South East Asian cuisine for its aromatic property in curry and other gravy. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Coconut Milk Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coconut Milk Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coconut Milk
Literary usage of Coconut milk
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Bahamas: A Taste of the Islands by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2000)
"coconut milk. Not to be confused with coconut water (which is the clear liquid that pours out of a cracked coconut), this milk is "harvested" by squeezing ..."
2. Home Cooking in the Global Village: Caribbean Food from Buccaneers to by Richard R. Wilk (2006)
"The simplest example I can think of is the Creole practice of mixing coconut milk in with the ingredients of a European recipe, as in the Creole bread in ..."
3. Dictionary and Grammar of the Language of Saʻa and Ulawa, Solomon Islands by Walter George Ivens (1918)
"'oni 3. coconut milk strained from the scraped flesh of the nut mixed with a little water, extracted by squeezing and used in the cooking of various ..."
4. Home Cooking in the Global Village: Caribbean Food from Buccaneers to by Richard R. Wilk (2006)
"The simplest example 1 can think of is the Creole practice of mixing coconut milk in with the ingredients of a European recipe, as in the Creole bread in ..."
5. Monks' Cookbook by Himalayan Academy, Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami (1997)
"coconut milk gives Jaffna curries their distinctive richness and sweetness, ... coconut milk is obtained by soaking coconut flour in warm water, ..."
6. Adventure Guide to Jamaica by Paris Permenter (2005)
"This entrée is pickled fish cooked in a seasoned coconut milk until the fish just falls apart or ... Cook cornmeal in seasoned coconut milk, add some meat, ..."
7. All about the "coconut Palm" (Cocos Nucifera): Including Practical by John Ferguson (1898)
"Curried meat or vegetables, prepared with coconut milk, forms the principal and best food of all classes of natives, from the highest chief to the cooly or ..."
8. A Taste of Jamaica by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (1999)
"Combine grated coconut, milk, regular sugar and remaining vanilla essence ... coconut milk. Not to be confused with coconut water (which is the clear liquid ..."