Definition of Commercial bank
1. Noun. A financial institution that accepts demand deposits and makes loans and provides other services for the public.
Specialized synonyms: National Bank
Generic synonyms: Bank, Banking Company, Banking Concern, Depository Financial Institution
Commercial Bank Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Commercial Bank Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Commercial Bank
Literary usage of Commercial bank
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by Isaac Smith Homans, William Buck Dana (1852)
"Bank of Salina Salina commercial bank of Albany. Albany. Bank of Saratoga Springe .. Saratoga Spr'a, New York State Bank Albany. Bank of Silver Creek Silver ..."
2. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1852)
"commercial bank of Albany. Albany. Bank of Westfield Westfield Drew, Robinson it Co ... commercial bank of Clyde.. Clyde Albany Exchange Bank Albany. Coir. ..."
3. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1848)
"commercial bank Friendship Washburn and Co Albany. commercial bank ».Rochester. New York State Bank Albany. ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Judicature by New York (State). Supreme Court (1846)
"Kortwright T. Buffalo commercial bank. was repeatedly urged upon the court. The objection was disregarded, and repeated exceptions taken. ..."
5. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1911)
"The condition of the bond was that the commercial bank of Jacksonville should ... debt held by the commercial bank of Jacksonville, If any debt Is so held. ..."
6. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1916)
"It is said that under the law of Louisiana, as it stood prior to the enactment of the uniform warehouse receipts act, the commercial bank would not have ..."