Definition of Computer error
1. Noun. (computer science) the occurrence of an incorrect result produced by a computer.
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Generic synonyms: Happening, Natural Event, Occurrence, Occurrent
Specialized synonyms: Hardware Error, Programming Error, Software Error, Algorithm Error
Computer Error Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Computer Error Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Computer Error
Literary usage of Computer error
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Jury And The Search For Truth: Hearing Before the Committee on the Judiciary edited by Orrin G. Hatch (1998)
"And the justices just extended the exception to a court computer error search in Evans on March first. ... A computer error is the fault of a court clerk. ..."
2. The AT&T Documentation Guide (1993)
"computer error Message Manual-493 This document allows the user to easily find the wanted error message without having to read the entire text. ..."
3. Defend Your Data!: Guide to Data Recovery by David J. Stang (1991)
"All personal computer error codes for the diagnostic and advanced diagnostic package are represented with the device number followed by two digits other ..."
4. Pesticides in the Terrestrial and Aquatic Environments: Second National edited by Diana L. Weigmann (1994)
"Thus, the 1992/93 Supplement questionnaire was administered "off document" on a form sep- 1 Due to a computer error, information for 15-year-old-only ..."
5. Technology Transfer: Barriers Limit Royalty Sharing's Effectiveness (1993)
"For example, an NIST inventor said that what he initially thought was a computer error turned out, upon inquiry, to be a royalty payment. ..."