Definition of Computer guru
1. Noun. An authority on computers and computing.
Generic synonyms: Expert, Computer User
Specialized synonyms: Unix Guru
Lexicographical Neighbors of Computer Guru
Literary usage of Computer guru
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Technology Your Fingertips: A Guide to Implementing Technology Solutions for by Gerald Malitz (1999)
"was wondering if you would ever get around to asking me out. l was afraid you were turning into a computer guru, Joe." "No, Mary. l hired someone to be the ..."
2. Adult Literacy And New Technologies: Tools For A Lifetime by Office of Technology Assessment (1994)
"... BRI's technical specialist—' 'the Indiana Jones of used computers''—plays a variety of roles, from ' 'computer guru," to part-time classroom teacher, ..."
3. Teaching the Best Practice Way: Methods That Matter, K-12 by Harvey Daniels, Marilyn Bizar (2005)
"Working with our computer-guru colleague Jeff Flynn, elementary and secondary students around the Midwest have developed a wide array of multimedia ..."
4. Eternally Yours: Time in Design : Product, Value, Sustenance by Ed van Hinte (2004)
"Old-time computer guru Alan Kay, one of the inventors of graphic user interfaces, said: The only way to predict the future is to invent it. ..."
5. Advanced Guide Canada's Atlantic Provinces by Barbara Radcliffe Rogers, Stillman Rogers (2005)
"... and Glen Larsen come to mind Thanks to Dixie Gurian, for watching our castle while we travel, and to Tracy Pillsbury, computer guru extraordinaire. ..."