Definition of Computer network
1. Noun. (computer science) a network of computers.
Generic synonyms: Electronic Network, Network
Terms within: Client, Guest, Node, Host, Server
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Lexicographical Neighbors of Computer Network
Literary usage of Computer network
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dedicated Computer Crime Units by J. Thomas McEwen (1988)
""Owner" means an owner or lessee of a computer or a computer network or an ... In transit between computers or within a computer network or between any ..."
2. E-learning in Tertiary Education: Where Do We Stand? by OECD Staff, SourceOECD (Online service), SourceOECD (2005)
"Computer/network access for staff and students (Questions 3.1-3.5) Computer and network access are prerequisites to e-learning. Case study institutions were ..."
3. Teachers & Technology: Making the Connection by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"BITNET (Because It's Time Network) An international computer network created ... Chat room An area on a computer network where members "gather" to type in ..."
4. Internet Costs & Cost Models for Public Libraries: Final Report by Charles R. McClure (1996)
"Network Any time you connected 2 or more computers together so that they can share resources you have a computer network. Connect 2 or more networks ..."