Lexicographical Neighbors of Coquilla
Literary usage of Coquilla
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Entomologist's Record and Journal of Variation by James William Tutt, Malcolm Burr (1890)
"THE coquilla-NUT BEETLE.—Mr. Hugh Main, a beetle, hindwings, in the breadth and depth of colour of the transverse exhibited with the larva in it, ..."
2. The Natural History of the Raw Materials of Commerce: With a Copious List of by John Yeats (1878)
"About 80000 of these nuts were imported in 1852. coquilla NUT (Attalea funi/era ; natural order, ... coquilla nuts are used chiefly by ..."
3. Descriptive Catalogue of the Woods Commonly Employed in this Country for the by Charles Holtzapffel, John Forbes Royle (1852)
"coquilla NUTS—continued. chambers are lined with filaments or bristles, and this end of the shell terminates exteriorly in a covering of these bristles, ..."
4. Bibliotheca nicotiana; a first catalogue of books about tobacco. together by William Bragge (1880)
"coquilla-nut, carved all over ; at end grotesque head, with ivory teeth. [ 195.] coquilla-nut, oval; Neptune and sea-horses on lid. [196. ..."
5. Pharmaceutical Journal by Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (1846)
"Palm Wood and coquilla Nuts.—In speaking of the palm=, Dr. Lindley has omitted to notice two products of this family employed in this country. ..."