Definition of Corythosaurus
1. Noun. Duck-billed dinosaur with nasal passages that expand into a crest like a hollow helmet.
Generic synonyms: Duck-billed Dinosaur, Hadrosaur, Hadrosaurus
Group relationships: Genus Corythosaurus
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Corythosaurus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Corythosaurus
Literary usage of Corythosaurus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Origin and Evolution of Life: On the Theory of Action, Reaction and by Henry Fairfield Osborn (1918)
"Mounted skeleton of corythosaurus in the American Museum of Natural History, recently discovered in the Upper Cretaceous of Alberta, Canada, ..."
2. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North, William M. Schuyler (1918)
"... of the same author, is a less specialized relative of corythosaurus, showing an early stage in the evolution of the ..."
3. Vertebrate Zoölogy by Horatio Hackett Newman (1920)
"126) Trachodon, the duck-billed dinosaur, and corythosaurus (Fig. 124, H) the " hooded duck-bill." All of them show well the bird-like feet and pelvis. ..."
4. Bulletin by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1917)
"corythosaurus, skeleton, musculature, and epidermis: Brown, 122. Dinosaur, pathological lesion: ... corythosaurus : Brown, 122. Mammoth : Matthew, 719. ..."