Definition of Cyanide poisoning
1. Noun. Poisoning due to ingesting or inhaling cyanide; common in smoke from fires and in industrial chemicals.
Medical Definition of Cyanide poisoning
1. A fairly common disease of herbivorous animals, but uncommon in man. Cyanogenic compounds are very toxic to humans either by inhalation or ingestion. (27 Sep 1997)
Cyanide Poisoning Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cyanide Poisoning Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cyanide Poisoning
Literary usage of Cyanide poisoning
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1902)
"Antidotes for cyanide poisoning.—DBS. CJ MARTIN and RA O'BRIEN, of Melbourne, commenting on the fact that cyanide poisoning had become not infrequent among ..."
2. Cyaniding Gold and Silver Ores: A Practical Treatise; Embracing Technical by Henry Forbes Julian, Edgar Smart, A. W. Allen (1921)
"ANTIDOTE FOR cyanide poisoning. IN 1902 the Victorian (Australia) Government appointed Dr C J. Martin to investigate the question of ..."
3. The Cyanide Process of Gold Extraction: A Text-book for the Use of Mining by James Park (1904)
"ANTIDOTES FOR cyanide poisoning. ALL cyanides are deadly poisons; but the aqueous solutions used in practice are so dilute that there is little or no danger ..."
4. Index of Mining Engineering Literature: Comprising an Index of Mining by Walter Richard Crane (1909)
"cyanide poisoning : Its Cure and Prevention. Min. & Sei. Press, vol. 87, p. 236. ... cyanide poisoning. By HL Brown. E. & MJ, vol. 82, p. 835. 2 columns. ..."
5. Text Book of Cyanide Practice by H. W. MacFarren (1912)
"CHAPTER XVIII cyanide poisoning THE poisonous effects of cyanide are due to hydrocyanic acid (HCN), either that generated in the working of the process or ..."
6. Manual of cyanidation by Edward Montague Hamilton (1920)
"CHAPTER XIV TABLES Antidote for cyanide poisoning The Committee of the Chemical, Metallurgical and Mining Society of South Africa,1 appointed to investigate ..."