Definition of Department of biology
1. Noun. The academic department responsible for teaching and research in biology.
Department Of Biology Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Department Of Biology Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Department Of Biology
Literary usage of Department of biology
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1896)
"Within a year Chicago University announced the withdrawal of its Department of Biology and the title of Dr. Whitman was changed from Head Professor of ..."
2. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"TX 77025 Huggins, Sara E., Department of Biology, University of Houston, 3801 Cullen Blvd, Houston. TX 77004 Hughes, Edwin Rose, 1040 Moorer Clin Sci Bldg. ..."
3. The Journal of Heredity by American Genetic Association (1914)
"Department of Biology, Sociology and School of Education. Sociology Department. Human Economics. Zoology Department. Zoology Department. ..."
4. Fresh-water Biology by Henry Baldwin Ward, George Chandler Whipple (1918)
"... Associate Professor of Botany in Smith College CAROLINE EFFIE STRINGER, Head of the Department of Biology in the Omaha ..."