Definition of Elymus canadensis
1. Noun. North American wild rye.
Elymus Canadensis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Elymus Canadensis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Elymus Canadensis
Literary usage of Elymus canadensis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Botanical Abstracts by Board of Control of Botanical Abstracts (1920)
"... elymus canadensis, and E. virginicus. Since the resulting teliospores on Bromus were of the many-celled type, and on Elymus of the two-celled type, ..."
2. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"elymus canadensis L. var. canadensis Canada wild-rye Herbaceous perennial Alluvial shores and thickets. elymus canadensis L. var. ..."
3. The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science by Iowa Academy of Science (1891)
"The spring brood was taken from elymus canadensis, but no fall brood could be found on this plant, those taken in August being taken from Elymus striatus. ..."
4. Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio by Geological Survey of Ohio (1893)
"HORDEUM PRATENSE Huds. "Ohio," A. Gray (Man.) 591. ELYMUS L. LYME-GRASS. \Vaj> Rra elymus canadensis L. Throughout the state. elymus canadensis ..."