Definition of Employment office
1. Noun. An agency that finds people to fill particular jobs or finds jobs for unemployed people.
Employment Office Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Employment Office Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Employment Office
Literary usage of Employment office
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report by New Hampshire Bureau of Labor, Montana (1898)
"Free Public employment office. The Free Public employment office was ... A free public employment office in at least each of the important cities of the ..."
2. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Industrial Relations. Division of Labor Statistics and Law Enforcement, California Bureau of Labor Statistics (1890)
"... Bureau of Labor Statistics, of a free public employment office, in all cities within the State having a population of more than twenty-five thousand. ..."
3. Annual Report of the Commissioner of Labor by New York (State). Dept. of Labor (1915)
"The commissioner of labor shall appoint for each public employment office an advisory committee, whose duty it shall be to give the superintendent advice ..."
4. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1904)
"The superintendent of each such free employment office shall, within sixty days after appointment, open an office in such locality as shall have been agreed ..."
5. Bulletin of the Department of Labor by United States Dept. of Labor (1907)
"Each such office shall he designated and known as Wisconsin Free employment office. The said offices shall he so located in such parts of the State by said ..."