Definition of Euxine sea
1. Noun. A sea between Europe and Asia; a popular resort area of eastern Europeans.
Euxine Sea Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Euxine Sea Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Euxine Sea
Literary usage of Euxine sea
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon (1843)
"(27) As the Goths advanced near the euxine sea, they encountered a purer race of Sarmatians, ... euxine sea ..."
2. The History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides (1855)
"... who afterward ing, of all the kingdoms in Europe between the Golf of Ioms and the euxine sea. But in military strength and numerous armies it was the ..."
3. Herodotus by Herodotus (1812)
"... to the number of three hundred and sixty on the side towards the euxine sea, and three hundred and thirteen on that of the Hellespont"'6. ..."
4. A Manual of Ancient and Modern History by William Cooke Taylor, Caleb Sprague Henry (1845)
"The Greek Colonies on the euxine sea, the Coasts of Thrace, Macedon, Sfc. On the Propon'tis adjoining the Hellespont, ..."
5. The History of Ancient Europe: With a View of the Revolutions in Asia and by William Russell (1801)
"... took all the ships that came LETTER out of the euxine sea, except such as were commanded by Grecian masters, willing to enter into his views240. ..."
6. Memoirs of Baron de Tott: Containing the State of the Turkish Empire & the by Francis Tott, baron de François Tott (1786)
"... have inhabited the banks of the Danube, and the borders of the euxine sea. (Q._page 118. Part II. ..."