Definition of Evansville
1. Noun. A city in southwestern Indiana on the Ohio River.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Evansville Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Evansville
Literary usage of Evansville
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1885)
"Said property to be forwarded immediately after its arrival at evansville, or as soon thereafter as it is ready for shipment, and to be delivered at Boston, ..."
2. Indiana Magazine of History by Indiana Historical Society, Indiana State Library (1909)
"First piano brought to evansville. evansville Courier, March 27, 1910, p. ... I. Gay side of evansville life in days gone by. evansville Courier, March 27, ..."
3. Municipal and Institutional Libraries of Indiana: History, Conditon and by William Elmer Henry, Indiana Louisiana purchase exposition commission (1904)
"Willard Carpenter, founder of Willard Library, evansville, Indiana, was born in Stafford, Orange county, Vermont, March 15th, 1803, and died in evansville, ..."
4. The American Bar by James Clark Fifield (1918)
"Firm is counsel for: West Side Bank, evansville Brewing Ass'n, ... Phi Delta Theta fraternity; evansville and American Bar Ass'ns; general practice, ..."
5. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1858)
"The convenient proximity of evansville to those interior water courses made it a ... Thus evansville became known and appreciated by the interior as the ..."