Definition of Field pennycress
1. Noun. Foetid Eurasian weed having round flat pods; naturalized throughout North America.
Group relationships: Genus Thlaspi, Thlaspi
Generic synonyms: Pennycress
Field Pennycress Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Field Pennycress Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Field Pennycress
Literary usage of Field pennycress
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report: New York by Otis Stuart (1904)
"T. arvense L. field pennycress. Ann Arbor. Allmendinger Cat.; "shore? of Lake Huron," A. Gray; Monroe, CA Davis; Bay Co., GM Bradford. SISYMBRIUM L. 1058. ..."
2. Weeds of the North Central States edited by Lloyd M. Wax, Richard S. Fawcett, Duane Isely (1999)
"field pennycress (Thlaspi arvense) p. 104 28. Fruit i/s inch (3 mm) or less in diameter; seeds reddish- yellow; lower leaves pinnatifid (irregularly lobed, ..."
3. Sessional Papers by Ontario Legislative Assembly (1897)
"... is bad in fall wheat. Black Bindweed, (field convolvulus).—Perhaps the very hardest of our creeping rooted perennials to kill. field pennycress. ..."
4. Michigan Flora: A List of the Fern and Seed Plants Growing Without Cultivation by William James Beal (1904)
"T. arvense L. field pennycress. Ann Arbor. Allmendinger Cat.; "shore? of Lake Huron,". A. Gray; Monroe, CA Davis; Bay Co., GM Bradford. SISYMBRIUM L. -1058. ..."