¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fishmeal
1. ground dried fish [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fishmeal
Literary usage of Fishmeal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. OECD Environmental Performance Reviews by OECD Staff, Oecd, SourceOECD (Online service) (2005)
"Because fishmeal and oil from Chilean sea fish make up some 60% of the feedstuff used at fish farms, increased salmon cultivation could potentially ..."
2. Mad Cow Disease: Fda's Management of the Feed Ban Has Improved, But by Robert A. Robinson (2005)
"One firm we visited processed fishmeal, which is normally considered a safe ... However, this plant processed the fishmeal on the same equipment it used for ..."
3. Liberalising Fisheries Markets: Scope and Effects by OECD Staff, Committee for Fisheries (2003)
"fishmeal and Oil fishmeal and oil production depends on a few fish species ... The mixture of fishmeal into animal (and fish) feed compounds can be managed ..."
4. Intellectual Property: Federal Agency Efforts in Transferring and Reporting by John P. Hunt, Jr., Frankie Fulton, John B. Stephenson (2003)
"One of NOAA's more successful inventions involved a method for producing fishmeal from fish processing waste. Employees at one of NOAA's laboratories ..."
5. Hearings, Reports and Prints of the House Committee on Interstate and by United States Congress. House. Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce (1906)
"The enforcement of interstate commerce shipments of fishmeal is not within ... What has happened to hold up the acceptance of fishmeal as just what it is, ..."