Definition of Fishkills
1. fishkill [n] - See also: fishkill
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fishkills
Literary usage of Fishkills
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of Rehoboth, Massachusetts: Its History for 275 Years, 1643-1918 by George Henry Tilton, Leonard Bliss (1918)
"Reed. of the town by money hired for them to hire Soldiers to the fishkills Seven Hundred & Twenty Pounds. (£720. Os. Od.)" "June ye 4th AD 1778. ..."
2. Public Papers of George Clinton, First Governor of New York, 1777-1795, 1801 by George Clinton, New York (State). Governor, 1801-1804 (George Clinton), Hugh Hastings, James Austin Holden, New York (State). State Historian (1904)
"Dodge in what maner to form the Companyes at fishkills. ... I ordered the men that was mustered at New Burgh to the fishkills, as 1 was told it was your ..."
3. Elijah Fisher's Journal While in the War for Independence and Continued Two by Elijah Fisher (1909)
"... and jined a Party with Capt. Mills which made twenty-foure. We left fishkills at Eleven of the Clock and marches six miles and Comes to the ..."
4. Public Papers of Governor by New York (State). Governor (1904)
"I ordered the men that was mustered at New Burgh to the fishkills, as I was told ib was your Excellency's orders, and left Capt. ..."
5. Collections by Minisink Valley Historical Society, Connecticut Historical Society (1905)
"I have wrote to them on theyr passage at Hartfort, advising them to go to fishkills and take the back road to head quarters for fear of accident. ..."
6. Historical Collections of the State of New York: Containing a General by John Warner Barber, Henry Howe (1842)
"We hear from the fishkills, that for a week or two past, a tiger or panther has been seen in the woods in that neighborhood, not far from Mr. Depeyster*s ..."
7. The Magazine of History, with Notes and Queries (1908)
"... farmes and was ordered for Fish- kills and Come to fishkills Landing and staid that Night. The 9th. We left the Landing and Come to the (A) Cademy six ..."