Definition of Floor covering
1. Noun. A covering for a floor.
Generic synonyms: Covering
Specialized synonyms: Mat, Parqueterie, Parquetry, Carpet, Carpeting, Rug
Floor Covering Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Floor Covering Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Floor Covering
Literary usage of Floor covering
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Complete Arithmetic by Bruce Mervellon Watson, Charles Edward White (1911)
"floor covering 262. A yard of carpet or matting is a yard of the length of the piece, as it is unrolled, regardless of its width. The exact number of yards ..."
2. A Plan of Organization for Small Libraries: Methods of Work, Lists of by Minnie Franklin (Clarke) Budlong, North Dakota State Library Commission (1910)
"floor covering. Cork carpet is the only satisfactory floor covering for libraries to deaden sound and prevent dust. It should be cut large and laid down ..."
3. Woodward's National Architect: Containing ... Original Designs, Plans and ...by George Evertson Woodward, Edward G. Thompson by George Evertson Woodward, Edward G. Thompson (1869)
"... Wainscoting and ¥ood floor covering, 1808. This new article of manufacture is now commanding the attention of Architects, Builders and Housekeepers, ..."
4. Spons' Dictionary of Engineering, Civil, Mechanical, Military, and Naval by Edward Spon, Oliver Byrne (1872)
"... floors require thicker floor covering than ordinary floors, on account of the heavy traffic and liability to shocks ; consequently, the bearers or ..."
5. Architecture and Building (1912)
"AN INDESTRUCTIBLE floor covering. The problem of finding a satisfactory floor ... It would seem that a thoroughly satisfactory floor covering has been found ..."
6. Grammar School Arithmetic by Bruce Mervellon Watson, Charles Edward White (1908)
"floor covering 236. A yard of carpet or matting is a yard of the length of the piece, as it is unrolled, regardless of its width. The exact number of yards ..."
7. Household Arts for Home and School by Anna Maria Cooley, Wilhelmina H. Spohr (1920)
"The girls were asked to suggest what one should have in mind in buying the floor covering. All answered i The floor at once tnat what one could afford to ..."
8. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1905)
"Principles Governing Floor-Covering: Designs. ... The rules governing a design for floor covering are few. ... In a floor covering, the feeling ..."