Definition of Fly by
1. Verb. Pass by while flying. "An enemy plane flew by"
2. Verb. Move by very quickly. "These cars won't fly by "
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fly By
Literary usage of Fly by
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Selection of Leading Cases in Equity: With Notes by Horace Binney Wallace, Frederick Thomas White, John Innes Clark Hare, Owen Davies Tudor (1876)
"... who was related to fly by affinity, having married his aunt; that Fly had great obligations to Mosely, who took care of him in his infancy ; and at his ..."
2. The Annals of Tennessee to the End of the Eighteenth Century: Comprising Its by James Gettys McGready Ramsey (1853)
"The insurgents, conducted chii'fly by Culpeper, imprisoned the president and seven proprietary deputies, seized the royal revenue, established courts of ..."
3. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1885)
"This insect," says he, " is called in Maryland the Revolution Fly, by the friends of the British Government; but from all I can learn it is not' the same ..."