Definition of Have the best
1. Verb. Overcome, usually through no fault or weakness of the person that is overcome. "The fighter managed to have the best his opponent"; "Heart disease can get the best of us"
Generic synonyms: Beat, Beat Out, Crush, Shell, Trounce, Vanquish
Have The Best Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Have The Best Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Have The Best
Literary usage of Have the best
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1822)
"This is a most serious charge against any government; but we have the best proof of its falsehood, in the high character, as a gentleman and a man of honour ..."
2. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1896)
"And he should have the best care of any animal on the farm. I think one male hog is undoubtedly enough for at least ten sows. According to this estimate we ..."
3. A General History of the Baptist Denomination in America, and Other Parts of by David Benedict (1813)
"... intended for our use ; and it now appears plain, that of all parties the Baptists have the best claim to the ancient Waldenses as their predecessors. ..."
4. The Friends' Library: Comprising Journals, Doctrinal Treatises, and Other by William Evans, Thomas Evans (1844)
"I suppose my wife is willing thou shouldst have the best, and therefore stays to broach a fresh vessel. Presently my mother brought the drink, ..."
5. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1888)
"Why didn't they have the best ten varieties ? I took the silver medal for that. Why didn't they have the best five? I took the first premium and the $25 for ..."