Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hemolyze Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hemolyze
Literary usage of Hemolyze
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Infectious Diseases by Infectious Diseases Society of America, John Rockefeller McCormick Memorial Fund, John McCormick Institute for Infectious Diseases (1914)
"Strain 736 "in the joint of one rabbit, in its second passage, lost the power to hemolyze and produced green colonies instead." When Strain B, a "pure line ..."
2. The Journal of Experimental Medicine by Rockefeller University, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1920)
"The majority of the strains of this organism actively hemolyze the surface of a blood agar plate and also hemolyze blood broth. ..."
3. A Practical Text-book of Infection, Immunity, and Specific Therapy: With by John Albert Kolmer (1915)
"If a portion of the complement is fixed by antibody and extract, then the unfixed portion will hemolyze some of the corpuscles, ..."
4. A Text-book of Chemistry and Chemical Uranalysis for Nurses by Harold Lindsay Amoss (1919)
"More dilute solutions burst (hemolyze or lake) the cell and the coloring matter is dissolved out. Poisons and natural substances found in blood also ..."
5. An Introduction to the History of Medicine: With Medical Chronology by Fielding Hudson Garrison (1921)
"L. Landois, in 1875, made the important discovery that animal serum will hemolyze human blood. The subsequent discoveries of Maragliano (1892), ..."
6. Preventive medicine and hygiene by Milton Joseph Rosenau (1917)
"The amount used in testing is twice the minimum quantity necessary to hemolyze the hemolytic mixture. Usually this amounts to 0.4 cc to 0.5 cc of the 10 per ..."
7. The Venom of Heloderma by Leo Loeb (1913)
"In many other cases, however, we found that one-quarter or even one-tenth of the hemolytic dose of lecithin was sufficient to hemolyze the blood corpuscles ..."