Definition of Hemolyzed
1. hemolyze [v] - See also: hemolyze
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hemolyzed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hemolyzed
Literary usage of Hemolyzed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"pressing substance is present in the ate stroma fraction, also showed that S depression was independent of the ive components of whole hemolyzed This ..."
2. Contributions to Medical Science by Howard Taylor Ricketts (1911)
"Control: corpuscles were completely hemolyzed by 0.1 cc saponin solution in a few ... These corpuscles may subsequently be hemolyzed by distilled water. 3. ..."
3. The Journal of Experimental Medicine by Rockefeller University, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1920)
"Cells are hemolyzed by sera of Groups II, III, and IV. Group II. ... Cells are hemolyzed by the sera of no other group. Upon the above premises the work ..."
4. The Venom of Heloderma by Leo Loeb (1913)
"If, on the other hand, much venom (0.5 mg. of dry venom or 0.015 cc of fresh venom) was mixed with lecithin the turtle corpuscles were hemolyzed with very ..."
5. A Practical Text-book of Infection, Immunity, and Specific Therapy: With by John Albert Kolmer (1915)
"If the control tubes 4, 5 and 6 are hemolyzed, a positive reaction would be ... Control tube 4 at least should be completely hemolyzed at the end of half an ..."
6. City Milk Supply by Horatio Newton Parker (1917)
"On horse-blood agar plates the colonies formed a sharply defined, clear, transparent, completely hemolyzed, colorless zone 2 to 4 mm. in diameter; ..."