Definition of Horse doctor
1. Noun. A veterinarian who treats horses.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Horse Doctor
Literary usage of Horse doctor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Historic Background and Annals of the Swiss and German Pioneer Settlers of by Henry Frank Eshleman (1917)
"Peter Sommers, the son of the horse doctor, was banished a year to St. Cerge, and Jacob Christen, the hired man, who had a hand in this fight, was sentenced ..."
2. A Descriptive Catalogue of Friends' Books: Or Books Written by Members of by Joseph Smith (1893)
"10—•—Every Man his own horse doctor, by George Armatage, MRCVS, ... By George Armatage, MRCVS, Author of " The horse doctor," " The Cattle Doctor," ..."
3. Notes on the Life of Noah Webster by Emily Ellsworth Fowler Ford, Fowler Ford, Emily Ellsworth Ford Skeel (1912)
"Walter Gibbons, horse-doctor, dressed in an elegant half shirt, with a painted ... Over the horse written, "Federal horse doctor." At the bottom, "Physic. ..."
4. The American Metropolis: From Knickerbocker Days to the Present Time : New by Frank Moss, Charles Henry Parkhurst (1897)
"Over the horse written, "Federal horse doctor"; at the bottom, "Physic." On his back a horse skeleton, the doctor examining the head; over his head, ..."
5. The Illustrated Horse Management: Containing Descriptive Remarks Upon by Edward Mayhew (1864)
"THE ILLUSTRATED horse doctor: Being an Accurate and Detailed Account, accompanied by more than 400 Pictorial Representations characteristic of Ibe various ..."