2. Noun. (volleyball) A designated back-row player intended to be used as a ball-control specialist. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Libero
1. a footballer who plays behind the backs [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Libero Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Libero
Literary usage of Libero
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"... de influía Dei in actus voluntatis humaner (Graz, 1905) ; DEL PRADO, De gratia ft libero arbitrio (3 vols., Freiburg im Вг., 1907). ..."
2. An Elementary Latin Dictionary by Charlton Thomas Lewis, Hugh Macmaster Kingery (1918)
"libero, fui, ni ч-, ш<- [1 liber], to set free, free, liberate, manumit : servo«, Cs. : eese. — To free, release, extricate, deliver, ..."
3. The Institutes of Justinian by John Thomas Abdy, Bryan Walker (1876)
"sed si libero qui tibi bona fide servit iniuria facta sit, nulla tibi actio dabitur, sed suo nomine is experiri poterit; nisi in contumeliam ..."