Definition of Meningeal veins
1. Noun. Veins at accompany the meningeal arteries.
Medical Definition of Meningeal veins
1. Veins that accompany the meningeal arteries; they communicate with venous sinuses and diploic veins and drain into regional veins outside the cranial vault. Synonym: venae meningeae. (05 Mar 2000)
Meningeal Veins Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Meningeal Veins Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Meningeal Veins
Literary usage of Meningeal veins
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham (1921)
"meningeal veins.—In addition to the named blood sinuses, venous channels ... The meningeal veins are of wider calibre than the corresponding arteries, ..."
2. Morris's Human Anatomy: A Complete Systematic Treatise by English and by Henry Morris, James Playfair McMurrich (1907)
"The meningeal veins accompany the arteries as ... The meningeal veins communicate with the venous sinuses and with the diploic veins, and, unlike ordinary ..."
3. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1877)
"Dilatation and varicosity of the retinal veins indicates repletion of the sinuses and meningeal veins. " Thrombosis of the retinal veins indicates ..."
4. The Journal of Medical Research by American Association of Pathologists and Bacteriologists (1908)
"... of the arachnoid villi found in the neighborhood of the great sinuses and of those found at the basis of the brain, in relation to the meningeal veins. ..."