Definition of Military rating
1. Noun. Rank in a military organization.
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Generic synonyms: Rank
Specialized synonyms: Flag Rank
Military Rating Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Military Rating Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Military Rating
Literary usage of Military rating
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of American Red Cross Nursing by Lavinia L. Dock (1922)
"Since dietitians received their training from quit another source they could not be included and no provision fo military rating for a woman outside the ..."
2. A History of the Sixty-third U.S. Infantry, 1917-1919 by United States Army. 63d infantry (1920)
"Whatever their military rating, there is much in these men of the Medical Department to inspire one with strength, optimism, and hope. ..."
3. Greek Leaders by Leslie White Hopkinson (1918)
"... not create the classification of citizens according to property, but he may have been the first to use it as a political, not merely military, rating. ..."
4. Flower-o'-the Corn: A Novel by Samuel Rutherford Crockett (1903)
"... a British officer according to military rating] should also be in this place, disguised, and under conditions which she could not but recognize would ..."
5. Ladies of Grécourt: The Smith College Relief Unit in the Somme by Ruth Louise Gaines (1920)
"... the policy of the British being opposed to civilian workers of a semi-military rating, and particularly to women workers near the lines. ..."