Definition of Mother board
1. Noun. The main circuit board for a computer.
Group relationships: C.p.u., Central Processing Unit, Central Processor, Cpu, Mainframe, Processor
Generic synonyms: Add-in, Board, Card, Circuit Board, Circuit Card, Plug-in
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mother Board
Literary usage of Mother board
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Louisiana by Louisiana Supreme Court (1850)
"35, provision was made for the appointment by the mother board of cashiers of those officers of discount and deposit, who were to furnish such security as ..."
2. Pennsylvania Law Journal (1846)
"Mr. Nathans said he would pay the one-half of the mother's board, but the brother refused the offer, saying there was no claim on Mr. Nathans, ..."
3. The Principles of Relief by Edward Thomas Devine (1904)
"... when visited, said that she had taken charge of the sum of |450, left by her father, and had taken two dollars a week from it, for her mother's board. ..."
4. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1852)
"The undersigned embrace this occasion to commend the society to the esteem and confidence of the mother Board, and also on its behalf, tender their thanks ..."