Definition of New delhi
1. Noun. The capital of India is a division of the old city of Delhi.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Delhi, Old Delhi
Definition of New delhi
1. Proper noun. National capital of India, located in the national capital territory of Delhi. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
New Delhi Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: New Delhi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of New Delhi
Literary usage of New delhi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Calcutta Review by University of Calcutta (1844)
"new delhi. 12. Govt. of India (1974): Draft Fifth Five Year Plan. ... Census of India, 1971, Centenary Monograph No. 7. new delhi. 19. Sengupta. ..."
2. Energy Balances of Non-oecd Countries 2003/2004: 2006 Editionby International Energy Agency, SourceOECD (Online service) by International Energy Agency, SourceOECD (Online service) (2006)
"Indian Petroleum and Natural Gas Statistics 2000-01 to 2004-05, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, new delhi, 2002 to 2005. Basic Statistics on Indian ..."
3. Census of the Exact Sciences in Sanskrit by David Edwin Pingree (1994)
""Age of the Maha- bharata War," Proceedings of the First International Sanskrit Conference IV, new delhi 1981, pp. 106-108. Bhattacharji, Sukumari. [AS. ..."
4. Sustaining Rapid Growth in India's Fertilizer Consumption: A Perspective by P. B. R. Hazell, Gunvant M. Desai (1982)
"new delhi: Controller of Publications, various years. Indian Agriculture in Brief. ... new delhi: ICAR, 1964. Indian Society of Agricultural Economics. ..."
5. Agricultural Research and Productivity Growth in India by Robert E. Evenson, Carl E. Pray, Mark W. Rosegrant (1998)
"new delhi. India, Directorate of Economics and Statistics. ... new delhi. India, Ministry of Industry. Directorate General of Technical Development. 1988. ..."
6. Waging the Global War on Poverty: Strategies and Case Studies by Raundi Halvorson-Quevedo, Hartmut Schneider (2000)
"Report No. 402. National Sample Survey Organistaion. new delhi. ... Department of Statistics, Ministry of Planning, new delhi. ..."
7. The Enron Corporation: Corporate Complicity in Human Rights Violations by Human Rights Watch (Organization) (1999)
"Background: new delhi and Bombay In 1992, pursuing a policy of economic liberalization, the Congress (l)-led government of India, under then Prime Minister ..."