Definition of Nicolaus copernicus
1. Noun. Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543).
Nicolaus Copernicus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nicolaus Copernicus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nicolaus Copernicus
Literary usage of Nicolaus copernicus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Harvard Classics by Charles William Eliot (1909)
"DEDICATION OF THE REVOLUTIONS OF THE HEAVENLY BODIES BY nicolaus copernicus (1543) TO POPE PAUL III I CAN easily conceive, most Holy Father, that as soon as ..."
2. Cosmos: A Sketch of a Physical Description of the Universe by Alexander von Humboldt (1860)
"... sion of the Copernican views regarding the system of the universe, Nicolaus Copernicus (who in two letters still extant calls himself ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"... 'nicolaus copernicus' (3 vols., Berlin 1884), the Standard biography; Wolf, 'Geschichte der Astronomie' (Munich 1877) ; id., 'Handbuch der Astronomie, ..."
4. Supplementary Catalogue of the Library of the Royal Astronomical Society by Royal Astronomical Society Library (1900)
"London, 1888 Prowe (Leopold) : : Zur Biographie von nicolaus copernicus . ... Thorn, 1853 : nicolaus copernicus in seinen Beziehungen zu ..."
5. What Happened Today? by Jill Norris, Sharon Rosenberger (2001)
"Astronomer nicolaus copernicus was born on this day in 1473. ... Find out more about nicolaus copernicus. Automobile manufacturer Enzo Ferrari was born in ..."