2. Noun. One who is not a royal. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonroyal
1. not royal [adj]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonroyal
Literary usage of Nonroyal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Spanish People: Their Origin, Growth, and Influence by Martin Andrew Sharp Hume (1901)
"... and Juan of Aragon retired to his son's realm of Navarre, Juan's new nonroyal wife, proud and ambitious, soon stirred up bitter strife against her ..."
2. The Spanish People: Their Origin, Growth, and Influence by Martin Andrew Sharp Hume (1911)
"... and Juan of Aragon retired to his son's realm of Navarre, Juan's new nonroyal wife, proud and ambitious, soon stirred up bitter strife a gainst her ..."
3. The Crimean Tatars by Alan W. Fisher (1978)
"... position as first among the nonroyal families is shown by the fact that they were the only Tatars other than the ..."
4. The New International Encyclopaedia by Herbert Treadwell Wade (1922)
"Up to the end of the last century in the British army the royal regiments used blue facings; the nonroyal white for English, yellow for Scottish, ..."
5. Hellenistic Pottery: Athenian and Imported Wheelmade Table Ware and Related by Susan I. Rotroff (1997)
"... and thus to be dated in 316, or of some other, nonroyal individual. The published finds include little pottery,32 so even a solution to the problem of ..."
6. The Middle East in 2015: The Impact of Regional Trends on U.S. Strategic by Judith Share Yaphe (2002)
"... burgeoning Saudi nonroyal middle class and a lessening of influence for the peripheral members of the Al Sa'ud family. Second, over the longer term, ..."