Definition of One-tenth
1. Noun. A tenth part; one part in ten equal parts.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: One-tenth Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of One-tenth
Literary usage of One-tenth
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Federal and State Constitutions: Colonial Charters, and Other Organic by Francis N. Thorpe, United States (1909)
"... by one-tenth of the numbers above mentioned, whenever the population of the commonwealth shall have increased to seven hundred and seventy thousand, ..."
2. Transactions by National Association of Cotton Manufacturers, New England Cotton Manufacturers' Association, Institution of Public Health Engineers (Great Britain) (1890)
"This amount of yarn is spun now for one and one-tenth cents per week, for labor. Even the Hindoo spinner, at five cents a day, would make the labor cost ..."
3. A Key to Uncle Tom's Cabin: Presenting the Original Facts and Documents Upon by Harriet Beecher Stowe (1853)
"... there is almost one-tenth part that are unable to read and write ; while in the free states there is not quite ont! in one hundred and fifty-six who is ..."
4. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1905)
"The school house stands on one-tenth of an acre of land and when it was built the land was not worth more than $29.00 an acre. ..."